Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Weekends in Westwood




Every weekend Jordan drives up to Westwood to spend time with me whenever I dont work. I NEVER thought that this would be the situation that we would be in, and I must say I am a bit disappointed. HOWEVER I am so glad that both of us are more than willing to do whatever needs to be done to make sure we always make time for each other when we can. If we didnt do that, we would have major issues!! Haha. Anyways, we never plan ahead-instead we just say "Uhhhh what do you wanna do?" It always turns out super fun!! We have seen Were the Millers, The Conjuring, And Elysim all which were AWESOME. Last weekend, we decided to go to the LA Temple Family History Center just to poke around on the computers. I made a huge find! I found my great-uncle, great great grandma, and great great grandpa! AND I found out that all 3 are buried in Culver City, California which is 10 minutes from where I live! So of course we went and visited. Family history is awesome! Families are forever and I cannot wait to meet mine one day :)





 Gerald Jacob Carmichael, my 18 year old great uncle killed in the Korean War. So heartbreaking...he left a widow home here in the states.
 My great great grandpa Andrew Jacob Carmichael. My dad remembers him as a funny caring man.
 Margaret H. Carmichael, my great great grandma. My dad said he knew her as his "little grandma" haha. Every woman in my family is sooo little!
 In the Holy Cross Catholic Cemetary in Culver City, California. 8/17/2013.
Random side note: My paralegal school had professional head shots done for us. It works :) Haha

No comments:

Post a Comment