Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Our Sealing Day (February 14, 2015)

I have been thinking a lot lately about my wedding day (already 6 months ago, crazy!) I have been wanting to write down my feelings for a long time so here goes nothing.

I woke up around 6:00 am and headed over to get my hair and makeup done. When I was done, I picked up Tela and drove my car down to the San Diego Temple. I didn't want to ride with Jordan so we could be excited to see each other in the temple.  When we arrived, we went into the foyer and I checked in and gave the Temple workers my bouquet, which I had picked up from Gina on my way there.  Then I saw Jordan. He looked so handsome in his new suit and all I wanted to do was hug him.  They took us back into the temple where we were formally checked in and had our names checked. After that, we went into the family waiting room where guests were starting to arrive. The Temple Matron then came and got us and took us to her office where she gave is some counsel. I cried and cried the whole time - half from being nervous and half because I couldn't believe everything I had dreamed of was finally coming true. I was marrying my eternal companion.

After this, Jordan and I headed up to change into our white clothing.  We met in the middle of the temple and then headed into the Celestial room. We waited there for almost a whole hour! Some of our guests were stuck in traffic and we couldn't start without them. We talked and laughed. I paced back and forth from being so nervous. (like what? haha.) Our Sealer then came out and introduced himself to us and also gave us some counsel and instruction. After what seemed like an eternity, he lead us into the sealing room.

As we entered the sealing room, I was overwhelmed with how many loved ones were there. There were over 50 people in the biggest sealing room the temple has. Seeing so many people I loved who had influenced my life over the past 23 years was truly overwhelming. The sealer sat Jordan and I in the front and addressed the group. Then, he called us to the alter and performed the sealing. I cant remember anything, but I can remember how I felt. I felt peace, assurance, love, truth, and eternity. We looked into the mirrors behind each other and REALLY saw eternity. After, our guests lined up and congratulated us with hugs and kisses. Jordan cried and cried and cried some more like a baby. We were both just so happy.

I am so thankful Jordan and I have an eternal family and I am so thankful for the blessings of the temple.






 We love to see the temple, we've always dreamed to go inside one day (and we did!!)



No comments:

Post a Comment